Catalyst Support Technologies/Solutions:
Some of the catalytic applications where Calgon Carbon’s activated carbons are successfully used are included below:
- Batteries – Dry cell batteries where the catalytic activity of the internal surface area of the carbon allows zinc-oxygen depolarization Cyanuric Chloride – Activated Carbon promotes the chlorination of hydrocyanic acid to cyanogen chloride and ultimately cyanuric chloride
- Glyphosate – This is a biodegradable herbicide. Calgon Carbon has produced a special catalytically enhanced activated carbon, CENTAUR®, which is available as a powder or granular material and can be used as the oxidation catalyst for glyphosate production.
- Merox – MRX- is a specially developed steam activated bituminous coal activated carbon for use in the Merox process for mercaptan removal in petroleum distillates.
- Phosgene – Activated carbon is used both for the production and destruction of phosgene.
- Precious Metals Carrier – Calgon Carbon has a range of granular and powdered, high purity, hard coconut carbons that are ideally suited as precious metal catalyst carriers for use in the pharmaceutical and chemicals industry.